Sunday, January 18, 2009

you could say I'm nervous...

Oh my gosh am I nervous! I have my first day of classes tomorrow. My first class is at 10:45 about a 15 minute walk away. I'm taking intermediate spanish and I am incredibly nervous because I haven't taken a spanish class since last May. The class goes till 12:15 then I have a break until 2:15. Thankfully, this building is only about a two minute walk from our residencia. Unfortunately, it is a Macroeconomics (we all know how much I loved Micro!). I feel like I'm starting college again freshman year. I know nearly no one and don't know any of the teachers. I just need to keep in mind it went just fine freshman year and hopefully it will tomorrow too. I'll let y'all know.

Today we took the 15 minute walk down the beach! It was gooorrrggeeousss! I can't wait for some warmer weather so I can go down there and just enjoy the sun and water. The entire boardwalk is filled with these nice clubs and restaurants. We mapped out a few we would like to go to before our time is up here. My poor friend Yaffa was at the beach earlier that day. She was climbing down some steps and tripped and fell. She unfortunately broke the fall with her chin and had to get 6 stitches. Luckily everything that the hospital worked out fine and she is doing well.

Other than that today was a totally uneventful day. The nerves have been steadily building throughout the day and will be at full blast tomorrow morning. I figure I will leave around 10 am here and give myself about 45 minutes to walk to class and find my way if I just so happen to get lost. AND! I need a freakin' notebook to take notes in for my classes! Allllll I want is a little Wal-Mart! I could get EVERYTHING I need! But seriously, there are no notebooks in Barcelona. Hopefully I will discover one on my walk to school. If not, looks like I'm gonna have to rely on the good ole stone tablet and chisel.

SO! If any of you so happen to wake up around 4:45 am, think of me, and how I am most likely peeing my pants as spanish class begins. Kidding...sort of. I love and miss you all! Wish me LUCK! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment