Thursday, January 29, 2009

hola!

Good news and bad news. The good: I am feeling almost 100% better. The bad: I've lost my voice for 2 days now..and I have no idea where Barcelona's Lost & Found is. Ok, bad joke, but my voice really is gone. I'll take it though. It's better than feeling like I'm swallowing fire 24/7.

Second week of school is done! Woo! I know we've been over this but I really don't enjoy any of my classes except Sport and Culture. The teacher is just awesome to put it simply. The material is good but the teacher just makes the class. He loves what he teaches and teaching isn't even his first job. He is actually a sports broadcaster that works for FC Barcelona, the city's soccer team. So during the week he teaches at CEA and when there are games he is working at them. It totally doesn't matter that he doesn't speak English very well and sounds like Borat because he is incredibly upbeat and positive all the time. A group had the first presentation of the semester today. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't like award winning or anything, just your average oral presentation. He starts clapping and saying, "BRAVO! wonderful! GREAT JOB!" Everyone in the class is just looking at him and he goes "Come on people, lets clap them". "Clap them" we did. Gosh I love this man.

After a failed attempt at booking online, a failed attempt to buy them at the train station, and yet another failed attempt online, we finally have tickets to Valencia. The round trip by train was around 63 Euros which was cheaper than a flight. Then I suggested looking into taking a bus because we are literally next door to the bus station. So I go online to research prices and we can get a round trip ticket for 50 Euros. SCORE! Due to minor communication issues (who are we kidding, they're major issues) we had our friend, Jorge, who speaks Spanish fluently, come help us buy the tickets at the station. Turns out the bus station has a deal that is buy two tickets, get one free. Essentially everyone that was going got a round trip ticket for 33 Euros. DOUBLE SCORE! We leave tomorrow morning at 7am (ew.) and get back February 1st, sometime in the late afternoon/early evening. I'm pretty excited to take my first trip! Valencia is a few hours down the coast from Barcelona. It is the third largest city and Spain and is known for its wicked good paella and nightlife. WOO!

So, I obviously won't be able to write for the next few days because I won't be bringing my computer with me. I'll be sure to update y'all on how the trip went and upload some pictures as well. I hope everyone is surviving the snowstorm back home...I know I am! :)

Love and miss you all!<3

1 comment:

  1. it would have been nice to kno about dis deal on the tickets, since i wasnt invited on that road trip. nd funny joke in the beginning. c u tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete