Thursday, January 15, 2009

I had my first night out on the town in Barcelona last night. This club in the city was having an open bar from 12-1:30. So we had a late dinner (as is typical in Spain) and left for the club around 12. It had American music and was filled with what looked to be mostly study abroad students. I had a great time! It was so weird walking up to a bar and just being able to get a drink. Anyway, we went out with around 15 people so it was SUPER SAFE (don't you worry dad). We took a cab back around 3 am and I skyped my boy with Carly. SOLID NIGHT IF YOU ASK ME :)

After sleeping in for the first time in FOREVER, we went out to run some errands in the city. I took the metro for the first time and made it SUCCESSFULLY to the desired destination. Barcelona has this huuuuuge 9 story store called El Corte Ingles. It's kind of like a GIANT department store that's a little more expensive than a Macy's type deal. I needed to get a hairdryer and a blanket because the one on my bed looks like something that belongs on a prison cot. Got the hairdryer! Did NOT get the blanket because there was not one below 80 Euro. So, I will continue to freeze until I find a cheaper blanket. I'll look some more tomorrow.

I also made my first clothing purchase here. I got this cute "going out" red dress for about 13 Euro. NOT TO SHABBY IF YOU ASK ME! The clothing here is amazing. I want to buy everything! Unfortunately, I cannot. I'm going to try reaaaaaallyyy hard to budget my purchases over the next few months.

I'm feeling kind of homesick today but I think that's expected. I'm really ready for school to start on Monday because I think that will help keep my mind busy a little. My first class is Monday at 10:45 and it's only a two minute walk so thats good! I can sleep in a little.


So we're off to dinner and a bar in a bit! SPEAKING OF FOOD! The food has been fantastic! I had paella marisco (seafood paella) the first night and last night I had macarones (pasta); BOTH WERE DELICIOUS!

Sorry this is boring! Not much went on today! I love and miss you all sooo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment