Monday, January 19, 2009

First day of class COMPLETE!

So I successfully completed my first day of classes and it went well. I left for my class at the Main Global Campus (the 15 minute walk) at about 10:00 so I had 45 minutes to get lost, find my way, and get a notebook. You'll be pleased to know that I made it to the building on time AND without getting lost. I walked into about three stores that appeared to have notebooks. I don't know if people in Barcelona are against lined paper notebooks because all this city sells are graph-paper notebooks. And yes, you guessed it, I'm that cool girl in class taking all my notes on graph paper :)

I had Spanish at 10:45. I was really, and still am, really nervous about it. I haven't taken a Spanish class since last May and that might take a toll on me in this class. Anyway, my teacher seems really nice. She actually kind of reminds me of my Spanish teacher I had at Le Moyne and I loved her. Professora Hernandez started off class by introducing herself with an activity she called "Cierto o Falso"; True or False. She made a list of things about herself like age, hometown, interests, etc. Out of all of the information there were three "lies" and we had to guess which ones were false...all in spanish of course. After that we sort of introduced ourselves to the class and other classmates. We closed class with a little competition that she called "Que sabes de Espana?". She put us in groups and we had to think of Spanish actors, actresses, monuments, festivals, etc. If they didn't originate in Spain (ex. putting Salma Hayek who is actually from Mexico) then you did not get credit for them. Our group came in third place...out of 4! HAH! :)

Next, I had Macroeconomics. My teacher seems pretty cool so far. Now for the uncool...the first thing he said at the beginning of class was "This is hands down the hardest class available here at CEA". You can imagine the pure joy I felt wash over me. As you all know, Microeconomics gave me quite the hard time at Le Moyne two semesters ago. I'm hoping I had a difficult time because of a poor teacher, T.Shep, and not the topic of economics itself. Anyway, there is a lot of work in the class. We also have a 20 minute presentation at the end of the semester (can't wait for that one!), along with a cumulative final worth 35% of our grade. Ughhhh. He said if you work really hard then it is possible to get an A in the class. So basically I need to work hard x's 436687 and I should be fine.

Speaking of Macro...I need to go do my 20 pages of reading for my macro homework. I have the rest of my new classes tomorrow: Sports & Culture in Spain, Intercultural Interactions: A Psychological Perspective, and Christians, Muslims, and Jews in Contemporary Spain. Class from 10:45 to 3:45 will pretty much kick my butt, but I am excited to be back at work! I'll let y'all know how it goes tomorrow. Love and miss you all <3

1 comment:

  1. your gonna tell that Macro class WHAT UP!!
    good luck with classes tomorrow, I'm glad everythings going so great :) love and miss you <3

    ReplyDelete