Tuesday, January 6, 2009

AND WE'RE OFF...soon!

I have been preparing for this moment for about a year now. Finally, the time has arrived...I leave for SPAIN in 6 days! I will be studying abroad in Barcelona, Spain from January 12th to May 1st. 3 1/2 months! Oh goodness what have I gotten myself into? I am really nervous, incredibly apprehensive, and very excited (I swear I am) all at the same time. For those of you who know me, know I love being a little globe-trotter. You must also know that it is going to take quite the swift kick in the pants to get me on the plane (Thanks ahead of time Dad!). Am I ready?! Not quite. But I am ready to see where this trip takes me and I couldn't be more excited to find out.

I have so much to do my mind is running 75 mph. Not only to do I still have to get a lot of odds and ends for my trip, but I still need to pack! How does one pack for 3 1/2 months? I have yet to figure it out! I'm starting to accept the fact that I cannot fit my boyfriend in my suitcase. But what about my clothing? I have no idea what to pack weather wise. Is it a warm 55 degrees?! Or a cold 55 degrees?! There is a difference, you know! I will essentially be spending the next six days packing and re-packing my luggage. Hopefully, I will keep cursing it to a minimum when I go over my 50 lb weight limit over, and over, and over again...

One more thing, before I have to stop procrastinating, this trip has really reminded me how truly blessed I am. Among other people, my wonderful grandparents have helped support me from day 1 when I said I wanted to take this trip. In any way they could, they have helped me make it possible. I cannot thank them and others who have helped enough. I love you more than words can say Grammy and Gramps! :)

Soooo. I suppose I should pack? Or I could eat away my nerves. Who knows? I really am excited! I can't wait to update daily (I will try my hardest) and let everyone know what is going on over here in Spain! So check back here every now and then and read up! I will miss you all <3


P.S - I am most definitely of legal drinking age when I arrive in Spain! Wooooo! As I get off the plane I am TOTALLY saying, "
¿DONDE ESTAN LAS CERVEZAS?" Translation: WHERE ARE THE BEERS!??! (just kidding, Dad... kind of) ;)




1 comment:

  1. Goodness Gracious... Foul language abounds as I hear my daughter coming to the realization that in less than 5 minutes she needs to say good bye to the Man Child...

    ReplyDelete