Wednesday, February 18, 2009

week from hell

I'm so sorry I haven't been writing a lot lately. My workload this week went through the freakin' roof and I've been trying to keep up. I've had 3 tests: Psych, Macro, and Spanish. And I have two project due dates this week. I only think I did bad on one of the tests, Spanish. I did a lot better on my Macro test than I thought I would (8 out of 10) and I got a 100 on my second Psych Test. I have a huge presentation in Psych tomorrow but I have that all prepared and ready to go. I'm feeling pretty good about it. I cannot WAIT for tomorrow at 3:45 when this week is completely done. When I get back to the room I am going to hop into bed and read my gossip magazines (thanks, Dad!) until I can read no more; it will be FANTASTIC! Did I mention I will be chewing my favorite gum at the same time? Yup! Freshly shipped from the U.S!

I have been having some issues with booking my trip to Munich. For reasons that I will never know, the flights to Germany are SO expensive. I don't understand how I am paying 86Euro round trip to go to London...and the cheapest I can find to Munich is 176Euro. After looking at prices I decided that I didn't want to spend that much money on a trip. That sick feeling I had in my stomach when I got my banking statement seems to reappear whenever I retrieve my debit card to book trips. Then I got an e-mail from my cousin Carina, who I had planned on meeting up with, that said that she had officially booked her ticket to Munich and that she was "counting the days till we meet again". AWESOME! Now I HAD to go and I had to book a ticket. After scouring the internet for hours my heart lept with joy when I found a round trip flight to Munich for 82Euro. I fill out my info and get to the final page where it tells me my total price. Ready for this? 210Euro. That's right, 128 dollars in "taxes and fees". Tax and fee MY @%!.... Absolutely enraged, I ended up finding the cheapest ticket after about 2 hours of looking. After the fees, taxes, and additional rip-offs, I ended up paying 186 Euro....aka I just spent $234 to fly to Munich for TWO DAYS! I know I will have a great time and I am so excited to see Carina. My friends and I have already discussed how we want to try to see a concetration camp and take a brewery tour when we get there. We'll see how that turns out. So I guess it's official GRAMMY! I'm returning to the homeland on March 6th! Woooo! I'm sure I will have the time of my life and completely forget that I spent an entire Mojoz weekly paycheck in the click of a button.

I must be heading to bed to get some rest for this presentation tomorrow. I love and miss you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment