Sunday, February 8, 2009

trips

I have officially booked my first trip in Europe! Carly, Jess, and I have been researching flights to London for quite some time now and last night we finally found one that we were happy with. We plan on going there February 26th and staying until March 1st. The round-trip airfare is going to cost us 86 Euros...not to shabby if I say so myself! We are having small issues finding hostels or cheap hotels to stay in though. As we learned in Valencia, location can make or break the trip, so we don't want to make the same mistake twice. We really don't know what area is best to stay in if you want to be near the tourists sites (Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, etc, etc.). Some friends of ours took a trip to London last weekend and said the location of their hostel was horrible and they ended up spending over 150 Euro in cab fees; I certainly don't want to do that! We're also worried that we'll book a hostel that ends up being a party one or a total piece of crap. We've been doing a lot of research but we're having a hard time committing to one because we're just too scared. Carly and I have been asking people we know who have studied abroad or live London for any suggestions. We'll see what happens...

We have also tacked down the date for our next trip. Carly and I plan on looking for some flights the next few days. On this trip I will be returning to my native homeland when I go to Munich, Germany from March 6 - 8th! I e-mailed my cousin who lives in Germany, Carina, to see if she had any recommendations for sites to visit and/or hostels or hotels to stay at. Maybe we'll even be able to meet up; that would be nice. I'm kind of nervous because I don't speak any German whatsoever. The only word I know can be accredited to Heidi Klum and the masterpiece that IS Project Runway; AUF WIEDERSEHEN! ;) My Dad says a lot of people speak English there so I'm hoping that is the case. I'll be sure to let everyone know more when we tack down plans for sure. I'm pretty excited!!!!

So other than that I have no more news. The soccer game is tonight and I am BEYOND excited. I wanted to get a jersey to wear to it but our Sport & Culture teacher said thats a bad idea. Apparently no one in Barcelona wears jerseys to the game because they don't like to support only one player, they like to support the whole team. Basically, if you wear a jersey to the game everyone knows your a tourist and you stick out like a sore thumb. So I think I'm going to buy an FC Barcelona scarf to wear and just save the jersey for a personal souvenir later in the semester. I'll tell you guys all about how the game went tomorrow! Hopefully I survive! :)

Love and miss you all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment