Thursday, February 5, 2009

no exciting news...

Hey everyone! I really have nothing exciting to report today. I guess I could tell you that it's unusually cold and rainy here today, but that's not very exciting. I suppose I could do what I do best and ramble for a little bit. So let's see where this goes...

SO! It's the end of the school week, thank God, and I have a ton of work to do. I've decided I'm not going to go out tonight so I can get a good nights sleep and a solid sleep-in session in the morning. I have a lot of projects and tests coming up in the next few weeks so I want to get some of them started tomorrow. Then I figure I can go out on Friday and Saturday night if I really want to.

I had two quizzes this week: one in spanish and one for my psych class. I got a 100 on the psych quiz and I don't know how I did on the Spanish one yet. I have a feeling I did decent. I have my first religion class quiz on Tuesday and I literally have no idea what to study because we really have not learned anything. I thought I had the worst teacher that existed on this planet when I took Microeconomics with T.Shep...I was wrong. My religion teacher, Victor as we call him, seems like he is high half the time (I don't think he actually is). He has no sort of lesson plan and rarely seems like he knows what he's talking about. We are supposed to be learning about Islam in Spain, a potentially interesting subject. All we have learned, or should I say looked at, is maps. Along with his "palm-grenade" mishap, this man let our class out a half hour early one day. The best part...he thought we had gone over the alotted class time. All classes at CEA, no matter what day or time, are an hour and a half in length. He seemed genuinely surprised, even though he's taught here for 2 years, when a few students and myself stayed after to inform him that class was an hour and half and our time had not actually expired. As most students would do, the majority of the class had already bolted out the door. This class is going to be a disaster, and I'm feeling as though my quiz will be the same.

Tonight I'm going to a flamenco show at a local theater with other CEA students. I'm pretty excited to see it because I've never been to a Flamenco show before. Hopefully the show is decent. Some people have said it was pretty bad, but I guess it can be a matter of opinion. Even if it isn't the best, at least I can add that to my list of worldy experiences! I'll be sure to let everyone know how that went tomorrow.

So, I have a crazy amount of homework I need to get started on it. I'm on a slight wave of motivation at the moment and I feel as though I should ride it as long as possible. Off to work I go. Love and miss you all. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment