Sunday, February 15, 2009

10 things I've learned in Spain:

Today was a totally uneventful day...by uneventful I mean I literally did not leave my room. I didn't write yesterday and it would be absolutely unacceptable to go two days without an update. So that got me thinking about what I could possibly write about in my blog if I didn't go anywhere or do anything. Then I came to the conclusion that I could make a list of 10 things I've learned here in Spain so far. Here goes nothing:

1. If you're ever in the mood to get ripped off...take a ride in one of Barcelona's fine taxis.
2. There is no such thing as the refrigeration of eggs in Spain. Surprisingly, you will not vomit from eating a warm egg that has been sitting out for two weeks. They actually taste quite delicious and are rather fluffy.
3. Being stared at like you have a giant "L" on your forehead as you walk the streets is almost as common as hearing the Spanish language.
4. Pigeons in Barcelona think they run the place. They have no problem flying inches from your head or cutting you off as you walk through town. They get so close, you could literally PUNT a pigeon...and if they catch me on a bad day, I probably will.
5. I'm convinced Barcelona is currently in the 1980's because the mullet is very much alive and well. If there was such thing as a mullet census..the most populated country in the world would, without question, be Spain.
6. If you're ever thirsty, head to the local bus station, find a vending machine, slip your change in, and purchase a 1.5 LITER BOTTLE of water. I promise you, you will never be parched again.
7. It's safe to say the majority of people in Barcelona have a thing for pockets. It is particularly evident with their innate tendency to reach into tourists pockets....and take things.
8. If you are ever feeling lonely and in need of some loving, just head down to La Rambla where you can ALWAYS find some great company...for a small fee...after dark...with risk of STD.
9. If you are ever in the mood to do an impression of a can of sardines, find a few friends and book ANY hotel in Spain. Y'all laying down in the can, I mean BED, should work just fine.
10. Whenever you need someone to speak English, they can't. However, to say Spanish men do not speak English at all would be grossly inaccurate. In fact, they seem to have mastered the phrase, "HEY SEXY LADY! I LOVE YOU!".

That's all folks. Love and miss you all.<3

1 comment:

  1. i think ive hit up almost all those points in my blog as well. we're very insightful.

    ReplyDelete