Sunday, February 22, 2009

The rundownnn...

So I had a pretty uneventful weekend, again. As planned, I spent Thursday afternoon in my bed with my gossip magazines and about 8 packages of my favorite gum. I plowed through my magazines within a few hours, my gum as well. For those of you who know me, know that I am a compulsive gum chewer, even more so with my favorite kind of gum (EXTRA Bubble Gum Flavor...HOLLA!). I don't think you know how badly I have missed my gum. I was overjoyed when father sent a giant pack of it. Unfortunately, I had missed the flavor so much I felt the need to chew a fresh piece about ever 10 minutes. Great for the taste bads...bad for my gum supply.

This week is the start of a festival called Carnival in Spain. It is essentially a week long celebration that ends on the Mardis Gras equivalent in the U.S. The majority of the people here don't really do the whole bead thing, they actually wear costumes. I guess you could say its a week long party/Halloween. Anyway, I had been looking forward to sleeping in alllll week long. Thursday night Carly and I decided to stay in and just get a good night sleep. I have basically turned into a Grandma here...but I'm ok with that. Come 9am, a concert of some sort had started up outside our window...I mean literally ouside our window. I listened to a fine assortment of music that included, amongst other songs, JUMP, JIVE, AND WAIL! You could say it started my day off on a good foot. How about a good night sleep the following night? Not quite. We had a mariachi band playing outside our window the next morning. My dorm room would be right above the stage for our area's celebration.

Carnival isn't alllllllll that bad though. I plan on going out to this town called Sitges for the celebration on Tuesday night. The festivities start at 10am and end at 5am. I do believe I will be calling it a night at about 2 or 3 am because I have classes the next day BRIGHT AND EARLY! I figure half of my classmates won't be there so it might look good to make an appearance. I plan on doing so. A lot of people wear costumes to this Carnival party in Sitges but that involves spending money that could be put to better use. I'll probably just end up buying a little masquerade mask. If I can't find one of those, I'll probably end up doing the incredibly creative pet ears with a black dot on the nose...cat? mouse? Takeee your pick :)

I went out last night to this bar called Pippermint. They specialize in EXTRA LARGE DRINKS. Basically the smallest drink you can have is 1 Liter. Carly, Sara, Jess, and I went and ordered a 6 Liter drink. Bad decision in retrospect...but we are all ok! Anyway, it was a nice bar because it was filled with mostly locals. It's nice being around non-study abroad students and actually meeting non-Americans. We met some nice people and some not-so-nice people. We were chatting with these guys at the table next to us and they decided to randomly become all creepy. It started to get scary and they were getting out of control so our bouncer friend, Benedict, kicked them out. Thank God. That's one downside of going out to Spanish bars...I don't really feel very safe at them, especially when it's just us girls. I think being by being girls, who are quite clearly not Spanish, we have a giant sign above our heads that says, "Hey! We don't speak your language so come mess with us." Luckily, 90% of the time we were some of our guy friends, which makes me feel a little safer.

LONDON THIS WEEKEND! I'm really really excited but really nervous at the same time! I just want the traveling to go off without a hitch, thats all I'm asking for. If we make the plane there and back, I will have nothing to big to complain about. I really can't wait to get there though. I have SO much I want to see...Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, etc.

This next month is going to be non-stop for me. I have a ton of mid-terms...ick. On top of that, I am traveling almost every weekend. I'm sure that will make time pass a little faster. Hopefully with the traveling I will have more interesting stuff to update y'all on. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I love and miss you all SO MUCH! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment