Thursday, March 12, 2009

lonnngggg week

Thaaaaaaank GOD it's Thursday. This week flew by but was so incredibly stressful at the same time. I'm so over tired because of traveling non-stop and I haven't had an opportunity to catch up. I think SLEEP will be my main goal this weekend. I can't seem to kick this sinus infection, so rest is probably a good idea.

Hmmm. What happened this week? I guess you could say it was pretty uneventful. I got a lot of my grades back for mid-terms, projects, quizzes, etc. I ended up getting an 8/10 on my Macro mid-term. I'm not happy with that grade but I'm trying not to beat myself up for it. I don't understand Macro at all and I put in a solid 5-6 hours of studying, I know I did my best. Plus, a B isn't the enddd of the world...sort of, kind of...ok it is. I got a B+ on my Religion mid-term which drives me offfffff the wall. This is the teacher that can't speak or understand English at all. During the test I raised my hand and asked him, "How long do you want our essay to be?". His response: "YES!". I think that should help convey what kind of teaching experience we're dealing with here. I would have preferred an A, but again, I'll take a B+ considering I essentially don't have a teacher for this class. We also got our Psychology mid-terms back and I got a 93 on it. I'm happy with that grade for the most part. It was an incredibly hard exam with ALOT of material, so I'm glad my hard work paid off. Jamie quizzing me on all 50 of my vocab terms/concepts at 2am probably helped too. After she returned the tests, we got our critical incidents back (the project where that girl plagiarized my work). I'm pleased to say our group wasn't negatively affected by the IDIOT that IS a fellow CEA student. We got a 96 on the project itself and a 90 on the presentation. In comparison with other grades in the class, I was very happy. Classes and tests are so difficult here its ridiculous. Some students here joke and say, "I thought I signed up for CEA Study Abroad, not Harvard Study Abroad." This is without question the hardest semester I've had in college thus far. I'm trying to accept the fact that I will likely break my 4.0 streak this semester, so I guess my goal is to just make Dean's List. I think it's possible. Hopefully...

In travel news, I just booked two more trips today. In two weeks I will be going to Lisbon which is in Portugal. Then the second to last weekend I will be going to an island off the coast of Spain called Ibiza. Both should have warm and sunny weather so I'm pretty excited. In comparison to my normally tan self, I pretty much look like an albino rat at this point in time. Yes, an albino RAT! Laugh all you want...I wish I was kidding. I have one more trip to book for spring break. We did want to go to Egypt but we read up on some stuff and it doesn't look very safe for us to go there. Greece and Italy were next on the list, but they turned out to be too expensive. So now we're looking at Croatia and another place in Southern Portugal called Vilmoura. We should be finalizing those plans soon. I get pretty proud of myself when I think of all the trips I've booked and gone on. I was scared to do it all by myself but I've managed just fine. I guess you could say I'm pretty much a seasoned traveler now. Except when it comes to packing appropriate clothing for inclement weather conditions! :)

It'll probably be a low key weekend. I think I'm gonna be a responsible adult and stay in tonight and rest up. Most everyone is gone on a trip this weekend so it's going to be just me and Carly. It's gonna be about 68 degrees here so we're thinking of heading down to the beach for the day. I also need to do a little clothing shopping. Yes, Dad...NEED to, not want to. I, in my infinite wisdom, only packed winter clothing for my time here. Apparently I thought I was studying abroad in Antartica? Anyway, I can work with jeans until May but I need to get some shortsleeve shirts and what not. Maybe a dress...or two. Ok, just one...PROMISE!

I hope everyone is doing well! I love and miss you all very much! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment